The 10th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Rihanna – Disturbia
Released: 1st September
Trivia: This song was originally written for Chris Brown. Thanks goodness he gave it to his far superior girlfriend!
Best bits: 1. Bum-bum-be-dum-bum-bum-be-dum-dum
2. I! feel! like! a monster!
3. It’s too close for comfort, wuhoh!
The 9th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Agnes Carlsson – On and On
Released: 11th August
Trivia: I just found out that Martin Rolinski sings the backing vocals on this song! No wonder it’s so good! It is unsurprising actually, since the song was written by Anders Hansson, who writes for BWO and Alcazar.
Best bits: 1. This is something MEANT TO LAST!
2. On and on, this love I feel for you goes on and on
3. You’re gonna find, this heart of mine will stand the TEST OF TIME!
The 8th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Darin ft. Kat DeLuna – Breathing Your Love
Released: 22nd October
Trivia: His album finally arrived from CD Wow today, and I was excited to find that Girl Next Door isn’t the only song that sounds like Just Dance. There’s another one called Dance with some very familiar sound effects.
Best bits: 1. Breathing your love! love! love!
2. I wanna spend my nights and day between your arms
3. Baby yooouuuu
The 7th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Amy Diamond – Thank You
Released: 19th March
Trivia: Amy returns to Melodifestivalen for her second try in 2009 with a song called It’s My Life… and guess who it’s written by? Only Alexander Bard!!!
Best bits: 1. Can’t waste my time so goodbye my baby, babyyyyyyy
2. Thank you for all that you’ve done for me, now I know what real love is supposed to be
3. Woah, I’m better off alone
The 6th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Jordin Sparks – Tattoo (Jason Nevins Radio Edit)
Released: 24th March and 20th October (re-release)
Trivia: The original version of Tattoo completely passed me by in 2007, but this remix is utterly brilliant, and the UK release of the original is, I have decided, enough to warrant this version’s inclusion in my chart of the year.
Best bits: 1. Sorry! but! I have to move on and leave you behind
2. I will never regret you, still the memory of you marks everything I dooo-OHHHHH!
3. You’re still a part of everything I do, you’re on my heart just like a tattoo