The 5th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Jordin Sparks ft. Chris Brown – No Air
Released: 11th February
Trivia: No Air has sold more than any other single by an American Idol act in the UK, over 200,000 units.
Best bits: 1. No ay-ah, no ay-ah etc.
2. Tell me how I’m supposed to breathe with no air, can’t live, can’t breathe with no air
3. Got me out here in the water so deep, tell me how you gon’ breathe without me
The 4th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Alphabeat – Boyfriend
Released: 25th August
Trivia: Rather disgustingly, despite their great success in 2008, Alphabeat were recently dropped from their label in the UK. What complete idiocy!
Best bits: 1. This boy really drives you mad and you know that ain’t bad, oh yeah, you’ll love him till you die
2. Don’t you touch my boyfriend, he’s not your boyfriend, he’s mine
3. My friends say I’m uncool, but I let love rule
The 3rd Most Poptastic Single of 2008
BWO – Lay Your Love On Me
Released: 12th March
Trivia: BWO will be returning for Melodifestivalen 2009. With them, plus Alcazar, Amy, Agnes, EMD, Anna Sahlene, Shirley Klamp, Marie Serneholt, Måns Zelmerlöw and so many more ace people, this could well be the best MF in years!
Best bits: 1. Lay your love, lay your love, loooove oooon meeee
2. We can dance all night with the bourgeoisie – oh-oh, oh-oh, lay your love on me
3. On and on from dusk til dawn, the party’s going on, I guarantee
The 2nd Most Poptastic Single of 2008
David Archuleta – Crush
Released: 12th August
Trivia: His album has a cover of Desperate by Stanfour on it. As soon as I saw the title on the CD cover I knew it would be that song, and I was right! I haven’t decided yet which version I prefer, though.
Best bits: 1. But I know this crush ain’t goin’ away-ay-ay-ay-ayy
2. You got me hypnotized, so mesmerized, and I’ve just got to knoooowww
3. Am I crazy or falling in love? Is it real or just another crush?