The 20th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Ola – Love in Stereo
Released: 9th March
Trivia: Ola recently appeared on Sweden’s Idol final as part of the brilliant medley I mentioned before, and looked unexpectedly unattractive. Sweden is full of cute boys so why make the average ones famous?
Best bits: 1. Give me love in stereo, give me more of the attraction, cos I’m dying for some more… woah-oh-ohoh!
2. You’ve got the best of me, you’ll get the rest of what is left
3. All our senses come together when we get into the music, it’s lifting us uuuuup!
The 19th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Sam Sparro – Black and Gold
Released: 7th April
Trivia: He was the best of the well-known acts I saw at this year’s Great Escape Festival, except for Alphabeat.
Best bits: 1. The fish swam out of the ocean, and grew legs and they started walking
2. I wanna be next to you… black and gold, black and gold, black and gold
3. Cos if you’re not really here, then the stars don’t even matter
The 18th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Private – Crucify My Heart
Trivia: The promised Private invasion of 2008 never happened in the UK, but it hasn’t stopped me listening to their album more than any other this year.
Best bits: 1. OOH! You slice it and burn it… and then you crucify my hear-ar-art
2. You got it burnin’, you got it burnin’ up
3. Stop what you’re doing to me!
The 17th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Tilly And The Wall – Beat Control
Released: 6th October
Best bits: 1. Let the beat control your body, you and me there’s no one watching, come on we can rock this party all night long believe me
2. There is nothing stopping you, there is nothing stopping me, so let that beat control your body baby
3. All the people gather round now (The beat! The beat! etc.)
The 16th Most Poptastic Single of 2008
Yelle – Je Veux Te Voir
Released: 26th May
Trivia: I always forget about the meaning of this song, and now I’ve reminded myself by reading a translation I would quite like to forget again so I can enjoy it as it sounds, cute and jolly.
Best bits: 1. Je! veux! te! voir!
2. Tes posters de Lil Jon recouvrent ceux de Magic Johnson, ton corps est trop crunk pour assurer les dunks
3. On n’avait pas prevu de passer la soiree avec des rigolos