A little delayed but here is the third episode of Idol 2011 for your enjoyment. Click here to watch the show in full and read on for my top 5 best bits…
- Weird Swedish humour of the day: Surprising a wannabe singer by blindfolding her and plonking her in front of the judges. Luckily she was good and got through or else that girl would have been scarred for life.
- Crowd dance-along to J-Lo.
- Alexander Bard telling a male contestant “you are a visual catastrophe… but you can sing!”
- One boy did an unintentionally hilarious impression of a British accent when he sang Naive by The Kooks, but it was reasonably tuneful so he got through. I look forward to hearing his Australian in the next round.
- What I thought was a montage of rubbish singers actually turned out to be a montage of people who got through. Hopefully the fact they were shown so briefly meant the judges immediately regretted it and they didn’t get any further.
I won’t be reviewing any more episodes here (I don’t want to just be an Idol fanblog) but I will continue posting comments and links to watch the shows on Tumblr and Twitter so make sure you’re following if you don’t want to miss them.