It’s been more than four months now since I started up Future Pop, so let’s see how the artists I’ve featured so far have been getting on…
- A*M*E has released her first music video and will be performing at the next This Must Be Pop Live!
- Rita Ora is currently at no.1 with Hot Right Now, the DJ Fresh song she features on, and her proper debut single R.I.P. (written by Drake) is on the way soon with a rumoured appearance from Tinie Tempah.
- Ariana Grande posted the music video for her ace debut single Put Your Hearts Up last week and it’s already on its way to a million views on YouTube.
- I saw Mindless Behavior perform to a sold out crowd at the O2 Academy Islington last night. There was a lot of screaming and jumping, and not a lot of adults present.
- EJ played her first gig last Wednesday and has several more planned for the coming weeks. She’s supposedly amazing live so go along if you can.
- Azealia Banks has signed to Universal and is working with Grammy winner Paul Epworth on her debut album, as well as featuring on the current NME Awards tour.
- Conor Maynard won this year’s MTV Brand New for 2012 award with over 50% of the vote, and his debut single is actually pretty good (but he’s still a terrible pop star).
- Lawson are currently on tour with The Wanted and, thanks to their deal with Global Talent, coming to a Capital FM near you very soon!
- Luminites performed at This Must Be Pop Live and now have lots of labels interested in them – hopefully they’ll be announcing an amazing record deal imminently.
- There’s a new video online featuring Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, Big Time Rush and more dancing to Carly Rae Jepsen‘s single Call Me Maybe. Now it’s sure to be a hit!
If you want to hear about the next big thing first, make sure you’re signed up to the Future Pop mailer!